At Real Money Pokies Australia we do all that we can to provide you with as much info as you need on the latest and greatest pokies. We also cover other forms of gambling in Australia. However, there is only so much we can do, only so much we can cover, so if you need to learn more, checkout some of our favourite sites below.
- Problem Gambling: An authority on gambling addiction in Australia, this is a great site if you want to learn about gambling and gambling addiction in this country and in general. There is a “fact” section with a wealth of stats about gambling in this country, and there is also an extensive resource section.
- Gambling & Lotteries: This is the official government site, and this section in particular links to everything you need to know about licensed and regulated gambling in Australia. Whilst pokies are generally widely available throughout the country, some states have tighter regulations than others, which is why you will find a seemingly endless number of these machines in New South Wales, but will struggle to find any outside of the casinos in states such as Western Australia.
- Gambling Policy: Reading up on official regulation is not the most exciting thing you can do, but if you want to get involved with this industry on a higher level, then it pays to understand just where you stand. This link points to a page on the Parliament website, and to an article on gambling policy. This link in particular is not very relevant and is more useful to those who want to understand a little more about this nation’s gambling history, but due to the nature of laws and regulations, and the fact that they change very rarely, with some laws staying in place for decades, much of it still remains topical and will continue to do so for many years to come. Other pages on this site deal with gambling regulation as well, so feel free to look around once you’re inside, as there is plenty to learn.
- Interactive Gambling Act of 2001: The Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 deals with all online gambling in Australia. This is the law that denotes what is legal and what is not when it comes to this particular sector. This is a very important law and one that all Australian gamblers should understand. As things stand, this is the law that ensures online gambling is legal in this country (albeit more tightly regulated than many companies and gamblers would hope) and if this law is amended or removed, then things could look very bleak. Laws like this are never straightforward and often seem to contradict themselves in places. This law is no different, but if you take the time to study it then things will become a little clearer.
- Gambling Helpline: Many gamblers, particularly in Australia, have issues with gambling addiction. This is something that can and will effect many gamblers at one point in their lives, and it is something that can be as destructive, and many times even more destructive, than drug and alcohol addictions. This is because it can damage both your physical and mental health, and it can also have a detrimental effect on your career, your finances, your personal life and your social life. If you feel yourself slipping into an addiction, then you should seek help from an organisation like the Gambling Helpline. Not only can they help you out when you are in need, but they also provide information on the signs and symptoms that you need to look out for. There is also a discussion forum attached to the website, and you can use this to talk to others who are in or have been in a similar situation.
- Gambling Facts: Another official site, this one takes a close look at gambling in Australia, looking at a relatively recent report and plucking some key statistics from it, many of which relate to pokie activity in particular. Some of these statistics are incredibly surprising and make for interesting — and often shocking — These include the fact that 70% of Aussies gamble on a regular basis, and that we lose far more per capita than residents of any other country.